Need Austin Retail Space? We Can Help!
Are you looking to find and lease retail space in Austin, Tx? At Austin Tenant Advisors we specialize in helping you find Austin Retail Space that’s within your target location, size, and budget. We also help you negotiate the lowest lease rates and best terms possible.
Austin Retail Space can be tough to find on your own, however whether you are a new business leasing retail space for the first time or an existing retailer looking to relocate or open additional locations we have an efficient process of helping you find the best space and ensure that you are involved and well informed and represented at all times.
To find Austin retail space for lease contact us now or call 512-861-0525
Gain Access to Real Time Market Knowledge
In addition to keeping our own database of available Austin retail space listings we also pay to have full access to the most widely used retail space listing services (e.g. Xceligent, Costar, LoopNet). What that means is you will have full knowledge of every available space in the Austin metro area. And since we know all the owners, landlords, listing agents, and brokers in town we also stay updated on retail spaces that have not hit the market yet. Most websites will just show you a bunch of Austin retail space listings that are outdated or NOT available. We actually research all available spaces to ensure that you have the most updated information possible. To get started finding retail space now call 512-861-0525 or fill out our form.
Leverage Our Retail Experience
We have assisted 100’s of retailers find space and negotiate leases in and around the Austin metro area. Where you are a small or large retailer we have the time, experience, and plenty of resources to sure you find the best retail space and negotiate the best deal possible.
Level the Playing Field
When you call a listing agent you are speaking with the Landlords representative. What that means is that person was hired by the landlord to help them negotiate against you and get the highest lease rate possible. Yes, they are nice people however they are obligated to help the landlord get the best deal………NOT you. They will tell you about the space and other amenities however they will not tell you if the landlord will take a lower lease rate or give tenant improvement allowances. Negotiating retail space leases can be tricky if you do not have experience doing so. By having us represent you in locating and leasing retail space we can level the playing field.
Finding the best Retail space to lease in Austin, Texas can make or break your business so it’s important to investigate your options as retail comes in all types, from general retail, community centers, lifestyle centers, free standing retail, neighborhood centers, power centers, regional malls, specialty centers and unanchored strip centers.
We Only Represent Retail Tenants & Buyers
Some retail brokerage firms represent both tenants AND landlords. In a few cases this may be ok, however what if you hired an agent who worked for Company A to help you find and negotiate retail space, and the space you liked and decided to get a proposal on was listed by that same agent or another agent with the same company? Do you think they represent you in this situation? No. Their fiduciary duty is to the landlord. We do not represent retail owners, nor do we have retail space listings. We only help Tenants find and lease retail space.
Ready to Find Retail Space Now?
Call us at 512-861-0525 or fill out our retail space search request form.
- We will research every retail space in your ideal location by calling building owners, retail listing agents, and landlords, searching our online data bases, and driving around ourselves
- We will create a report in pdf format that lists only those spaces that meet your ideal location, size, and budget. Photos, lease rate info, and site plans will be included.
- We will review all the options with you and give guidance to the best ones
- We will call all of the listing agents to schedule times to tour each retail space with you
- After property tours we help you determine your top choices and then draft request for proposals (RFP’s) for each one.
- Afterwards we represent you in lease negotiations, help coordinate contractors, etc.
Things to Consider When Leasing Retail Space
- Investigate traffic patterns; Find out who the previous tenant was, and why the business left. Learn what kinds of marketing the location does in support of its tenants (if any) and whether co-operative marketing funds are available to you.
- Study your customers. Where do they live, work and shop? Demographic information from your local library, chamber of commerce or Census Bureau can help you analyze where your business would best be located.
- Follow the rules. Study all policies and procedures in regard to signage, zoning, planning, hours of operation, and common area usage before signing a lease.
- Know your competition and neighbors. Nearby retail can help or hinder your business. Make sure your neighbors retail or otherwise are compatible with your own business.
- Cheaper isn’t necessarily better. Inexpensive space may have a track record of business failure or low foot traffic.
- Consider all costs involved when leasing retail space. Who pays for maintenance and repairs? How much are the utilities? How much will it cost to build the space out? Also, some landlords require that you pay a percentage of sales in addition to your monthly lease payment.
- Get an ally in your corner. As your Tenant Representative, Austin Tenant Advisors can facilitate your retail space needs, from the initial search process to signing a lease.