According to the US Census Bureau , between 2011 and 2012 five of the 10 fastest growing cities in the U.S. were in Texas! Houston leads the pack with the highest population increase followed by San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, and Fort Worth.
Why Do People Want to Move to Texas?
- Jobs – Industries such as oil & gas, technology, manufacturing, and business services are experiencing strong growth in Texas
- Lower cost of living – Paychecks last the longest in Houston however overall the cost of living and doing business in Texas is lower than other cities
- Home prices are lower
- Lower tax rates – Texans do not have to pay personal state income tax (1 of 7 states)
- Texas has 6 of the U.S. 20 largest cities
- Texas has Austin – Everyone that visits Austin loves it……..and some never leave!
- Texans are known to be more friendly than other cities
- Texas is more liberal with fewer rules
- Texans are cohesive and easy to get along with
- Texas is sticky – Once you get here you never want to leave!