Based on the latest Gallup poll, almost 70 percent of workers in the United States are “not engaged” at work due to their small office spaces. Below are some factors that will eventually lead to “disengaged” or disassociated workers.
- The office lighting does not change as the day advances.
- Workstations are divided by high panels that blocks ambient light.
- Big conference rooms are built instead of flexible meeting rooms.
- The office layout is too narrow and overcrowded.
- Private areas for employees are overlooked.
- Each department in the company is separated by walls or floors and does not encourage peer interaction.
Read more about this story here