Over the last 6 months over 3 million sf of Office Properties in Austin have been purchased by a variety of different investors eager to claim a stake in the Austin office space market.
- Spear Street Capital purchased AMD's 851K SF Austin office campus located at 7171 Southwest Pkwy Austin Tx 78735 for $164 million. AMD leased back one of the buildings and Spear Street will lease out the remaining space.
- Cousins Properties purchased 816 Congress from Lehman Brothers for $102 million. 816 Congress has 433,000 rsf
- KBS Strategic purchased Thomas Properties Group's 10 building, Northwest Austin office portfolio for over $76 million
- TA Associates purchased Bridgepoint Plaza I & II for close to $36.5 million
- Boxer Property and Emergency Service Partners purchased La Costa Centre for over $7 million
Other office buildings in Austin that have sold recently:
- 515 Congress in Downtown Austin
- Chase Park office tower located in Central Austin at 7700 Chevy Chase Drive
- Barton Oaks Plaza I located at 901 Mopac