For years Austin has been an attractive location for convention planners, however the main drawback was the lack of hotels. Well that is all about to change. Recently there have been several groups that have announced building hotels in the downtown Austin area. One of those groups who has a long history of development in Austin is REI Real Estate Services LLC and White Lodging Services Corp. Below are the projects currently under construction and the one recently announced.
Hotels Currently Under Construction
- Hyatt Plaza at East Third and San Jacinto Blvd – REI & White Lodging
- JW Marriott Hotel at East Second St and Congress Ave which will have 1,000 rooms – White Lodging
Proposed Hotel Developments
- Fairmont Austin, a 1,000 room hotel at the corner of East Cedar Chavez and Red River
- 17 Story hotel in the Green Water Treatment Plant redevelopment at W. Cedar Chavez and San Antonio St.
- Brand of hotel has not been established yet – REI & White Lodging
For the full story click here