In helping a new client brainstorm on the best place to locate their new coffee shop, it had me researching all over Austin where the best places are for a good ‘ole cup of Joe. If you frequent downtown Austin for client meetings or just for fun and like to stop in local shops for a cup of coffee, I’ve found five of the newest, hippest, and most well-liked spots in the downtown area of Austin.
1. Jo’s Coffee Shop: There’s a Jo’s in the new, hip 2nd Street District and also one located on South Congress or as some like to refer to it as “SOCO.” Both have a great outside patios for people watching.
2. Austin Java: They’ve got 5 locations in and around Austin but the newest one is located at Austin City Hall and is right across the street from the new W Hotel.
3. Halcyon: This hip spot has been an Austin staple for years and also has great outdoor seating to people watch those cruising around the 4th Street District. When it’s cold outside you can also have table-side S’mores with your cup of Joe and they serve alcohol too!
4. Blvd Espresso and Dessert Bar: This posh little café serves up some Swiss-made chocolates to accommodate your cup of espresso. It’s also located in the 2nd Street District.
5. Dominican Joe’s: This shop is just south of the river located on South Congress & Riverside and has a mean cup of coffee. Great place to stop in if you want to try new and different coffee beans. Their business focus is also philanthropic and they partner with an Austin-based non-profit organization committed to educational and economic development in the Dominican Republic….that’s kinda cool.
Check out Austin Tenant Advisors for more information on leasing office space in downtown Austin.