Finding the right Austin office space for lease for your business can be a daunting task. If you are not familiar with the Austin market, current lease rates, the leasing process, or just don’t have the time to mess with finding and leasing space on your own consider getting the help of a commercial real estate agent like Austin Tenant Advisors that specializes in office space tenant representation.
Why waste your time searching outdated internet listings or calling For Lease signs only to find out that what they have is not available anymore, space is too big, too small, too expensive, or not a good fit for your use. Let the agent do all that legwork for you. Besides they do this everyday, which means they know what’s available, when, and at what price, so they can probably do this a lot faster than you doing this on your own.
A good agent will learn all about your business and ask you a lot of questions to help you determine your current and future business space needs. Since there thousands of spaces to choose from answers to these questions will equip the broker with enough information to help them research and identify ONLY THOSE OPTIONS that meet your needs. A few of those questions might be:
- How many employees do you have now and will you have 1, 2, 3 years from now?
- What is your maximum monthly office rental budget?
- What is your ideal office layout? (e.g. reception, number of offices, open area for cubicles, conference room, break area, etc.
- What is your ideal location (e.g. what is the farthest North or South you would consider going?)
- How long of a lease term are you most comfortable with?
- When is your desired move in date?
- When does your existing lease expire? Do you have to give a 30, 60, or 90 day notice?
- How many parking spaces will you need?
- Do you prefer a traditional building or are you open to an old house converted to commercial use?
- Do you have any special technology needs? (fiber, supplemental HVAC, server room, etc..)
Those are just a few example questions that should be asked to make sure that the office properties meet your business needs BEFORE you spend time viewing them.
AFTER confirming that a space(s) meets your criteria you will be presented a list of properties complete with photos, floor plans, rental rates, etc. From there the broker will help you negotiate the best possible lease rate and terms and assist you with any finish out or move in tasks.
You can read more about finding the right office space in Austin www.austintenantadvisors.com/office-space