As competition is higher between companies for top talent it’s important that they stay on the cutting edge of office space design and amenities. Below are a few office space design trends of 2016 that many companies are having implemented to help them recruit and retain employees and to have office space that is much more efficient:
- Open Office Space Concept – Yes regardless of all the debate you hear out there on whether employees like or dislike working in an open office environment more than 3/4 of all companies have shifted to an open office layout so it is here to stay.
- Glass Walls and Doors – Glass walls and doors are very popular allowing every employee to feel like they have a windowed office and enjoy the natural light. It also makes a big office feel like everything is more visible and transparent.
- Coffee Bars – The coffee shop concept is very popular allowing more social interaction, free drinks, and a general feeling that you are working at a coffee shop!
- Gyms & Lockers – You want your employees to be healthy and fit right?
- Meeting Rooms – Fewer offices however more rooms for collaborating and having meetings.
- Outdoor Patios – More buildings are creating outdoor patios with WiFi allowing employees to work outside. Literally bringing the inside of the office…..outside.
- Multipurpose Rooms – No more wasted spaces! Break rooms and other areas are being made into multipurpose rooms.