Twitter is being used more and more by commercial real estate agents as a way to market and brand themselves and their companies. Because of this we decided to put together a few tips that will help get you started.
- Create a system for finding interesting and somewhat relevant articles and information.
- Don't just tweet about your commercial real estate listings.
- Follow and engage with others outside of commercial real estate (e.g. tech, healthcare, legal, software).
- Follow and engage with your local media.
- Re-tweet and promote other peoples posts.
- Follow and engage with your clients Twitter and other social media accounts.
- Use hashtags when necessary
- Use lots of great photos and images.
- Show a little personality.
- Follow at least 5-10 new people on Twitter each day.
- Use HootSuite or Buffer app to help manage your Twitter account and posts.
- Be consistent. Tweet everyday. Results take months
- Make sure to include a link to your website or blog.
- Make your profile descriptive. What do you do and what is your specialty?
- Don't use canned responses.
- Have fun with it and get creative.
Don't worry about making mistakes. Learning Twitter takes a little time however it should not consume all your time. Have fun with it. The only way to learn it is to give it an honest try.