Office furniture is a necessary aspect for a business that leases offices space as it adds to the function and design of the overall layout. It also can be a very expensive part of it, which is why you need to thoroughly evaluate the different options and budget accordingly. Depending on the office furniture vendor that you use you may have the option to rent office furniture or buy it, however how do you know which option makes sense for your business?
Below are 5 reasons why you might consider renting office furniture rather than buying it.
- If you are in a hurry and need it sooner than later – New office furniture often has long lead times. If you plan ahead then you have time to select, order, and receive it, however if you don't have much time to wait then you may consider renting. Furniture rental companies can typically supply you with office furniture within 24 to 48 hours.
- When your company has unpredictable growth – Startups and new small businesses have a hard time projecting growth. What if you get a big sale you were not expecting and need to hire 50 more people? It can be difficult to account for that type of rapid hiring. Also if your business is seasonal or potentially volatile renting office furniture will allow you to deal with these fluctuating situations.
- You don't have the cash – New business many times don't have a ton of cash. If they do they may need to use that for business operations and sales growth. Buying furniture can tie up a lot of financial resources. Renting office furniture allows you to get what you want now, however without the upfront price.
- You have a short term lease or office sublease – Sometimes you may find an awesome office space that has a short term sublease remaining or maybe your a startup that is growing and prefers to sign a short term lease to remain flexible. Renting furniture in these situations make it easier to relocate. If you are planning on signing a lease or sublease that has less than 24 months then renting office furniture makes more business sense.
- You change your brand or image often – If you are constantly changing or evolving your brand then renting furniture will give you the ability to try out different styles. Office furniture is like a car. After you buy it loses a certain percentage of its resale value. It depreciates faster than a car does also. If you want the most current up to date style then renting office furniture is your best option.
There you are! 5 reasons why renting office furniture might be better than buying office furniture. Most office rental companies make it easy to rent. You typically have a low up front deposit then you pay monthly rent costs. They will deliver and set up the furniture for you, and when you are ready to relocate they will tear it down and move. It's a great alternative to buying and allows you to focus on your business. Just like how renting office furniture has its benefits renting Austin office space might be a better option than purchasing it. If you would like help in determining whether you should lease or buy office space give us a call at 512-861-0525