Everyone tries to make their lives and business more efficient however they sometimes fail to look at how to make their office space more efficient. Many Austin companies tend to overlook ways in which they can be more efficient with their space, reduce overhead, trim costs, and increase profitability and productivity.
Here are 5 ways to make your office space more efficient
- Move things from the file cabinet and into the cloud. Research suggests that over 80% of the information we store in file cabinets never gets used. Turn your hard copies into digital and you will gain additional square footage. You will also have the ability to keep those documents safe and be able to find them easier later on.
- Organize your storage spaces – build shelves in a way where there is no wasted storage space. Designate specific areas for everything. This will make it easier to find what you are looking for and save you time
- Clear your desks – cluttered desk can mean cluttered minds, and also makes us think we need more space for our clutter. Buy a clip on lamp instead of a table lamp. Hang things when you can.
- Buy all in one machines – Buy one machine that can take care of everything (e.g. Copy-fax-printer). This will save you time, money, and hassle in the long run
- Shred & Purge – Get rid of unused/unwanted paper. 90% of the time we need to be recycling.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in what you can do to make your office space more efficient. If you need other ideas feel free to give us a call.