These days it seems that every other Tech company is asking about East Austin office space for rent. What is it about East Austin that has everyone so interested? One of the biggest reasons I hear are that companies want to have offices in a creative, entrepreneurial environment. Below I have listed a few other reasons why you might consider leasing East Austin office space
About East Austin
East Austin is about a mile from downtown Austin and has historically been more populated with Mexican-American residents. However over the last decade it has become an eclectic fashionable art district with galleries, studios, cafes, cocktail bars, food trucks and many other local East Austin businesses. There has been a huge influx of new residents who love & support the neighborhood vibe and local businesses. It was noted by Forbes as one of the best hipster neighborhoods in the United States.
Benefits of Living and Working in East Austin
- Many bars and coffee shops to choose from
- Easy to take the MetroRail to Plaza Saltillo
- Multiple bus routes to choose from
- Easy for employees to ride their bikes to work
- Minutes to Downtown Austin
- Office space lease rates are a lower than Downtown Austin office lease rates
- Free street parking from 8am to 6pm in some locations
- Close to the Rainey Street District
- Close to Lady Bird Lake
- 15 to 20 minutes from the Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- Tons of apartments available for the workforce to lease
- One Mile to Dell / UT Medical School, Disch Falk Field, UT Campus, IH35, Mueller Development
Companies Doing Business in East Austin
- Conde Nast
- C3 Presents
- Enviromedia Social Marketing
- Big Red Dog Civil Engineering
Office Buildings in East Austin that Might Have Available Spaces
There are over 265 office properties in East Austin with a total of over 4,000,000 sf, however because of the increase interests in the area available space is scarce. Below are a few buildings that may have available space. Keep in mind that average lease rates will range from $39 to $45 sf.
- 2801 Manor Rd – The Station on Manor
- 2900 E Martin Luther King Jr Blvd – Cityline at MLK Station
- 2301 E Riverside
- 2021 E 5th Street
- 2010 E 6th St – East 6
- 310 Comal St – Foundry
Find Office Space in East Austin
If you are interested in renting office space in East Austin then you have to start the process very early. The area is rich in amenities however office inventory is somewhat scarce. Any new buildings being built are typically pre-leased before they even complete the construction.
If you would like help searching for office space in East Austin feel free to give us a call at 512-861-0525 or submit your contact info in our website.