If you have a workspace that is in the living room or another exposed area this article gives tips for tidying up your exposed workspace to make it look presentable when trying to sell your home. I thought it gave some good general tips on how to make your home office space appealing. Below are a few tips:
- Get rid of the clutter, extra books, and papers that don’t need to be seen
- Figure out a way to hide all of the computer and electronic devise chords.
- Replace traditional office furniture with multi-use furniture. For example use a table instead of a traditional desk. The nice thing is that this can double as your kitchen or game table.
- Create a good, efficient storage and filing system. Use the cloud!
- For items that need to be stored at the end of the work day consider using wired baskets or nice boxes that can be stored on your bookshelf.
Read full story here: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/20/garden/market-ready.html?_r=0