When it comes to workplace perks Googles ultimate goal is to create the happiest, most productive workplace in the world. But do the following workplace perks yield the kind of creativity and productivity it boasts about?
- Play areas
- Coffee bars and open kitchens
- Sunny Outdoor patios
- Free gourmet food for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Movie themed conference rooms
- Small group rooms that resemble subway cars
- Secret reading rooms behind bookcases
- Lego play stations
- Scavenger hunts
- Employees allowed to brings dogs to work
- Desks with treadmills so people can walk while they work
It’s really hard to measure workspaces contribution to productivity and collaboration. What works for Google may not work for others. At the end of the day all you can do is try it and figure out a way to measure the output.