As we discussed in a previous post there is no doubt that online shoppers will continue to make it hard for brick-n-mortar retailers to be profitable, however with some out of the box thinking and smart marketing tactics there are ways to get shoppers back in the door.
Below are a few ideas for retailers to consider:
- The use of hidden cameras – that use face recognition software to determine a person’s age, gender, and race.
- RFID Technology – used to create advertisements based on what you carry in the store.
- Customer loyalty programs
- Dispalys that are interactive and engage the customer
- Offer same day delivery service
- Mobile point of sale systems – Allow employees to take payment on the sales floor
- Allow shoppers to mobily scan products as they shop
- Take control of showrooming and make it positive
- Automate by having robots bring clothes to shopper dressing rooms
- Create lockers where customers can pick up purchased items
Read the full story here http://www.retaildive.com/news/10-retail-innovations-that-are-changing-how-stores-operate/139084/