Austin, Tx has been one of the best kept secrets in the past, however those days are gone! Word has gotten out that it's one of the most desirable places to live and work….. and everyone wants to be here. In fact according to Austin Demogragher Ryan Robinson 110 new people are moving into the Austin metro every day! With it's music, political scene, entrepreneur/startup/tech scene, and many options for outdoor activities who can resist wanting to live and work here.
Austin is the capital of Texas, which is the 2nd largest state capital in the U.S. There are many reasons why you should consider relocating your business or startup or opening a satellite office in Austin. Below are only five reasons why:
- Young Educated Pool of Talent – Austin is home to multiple educational schools such as the University of Texas, St Edwards, and Austin Community College, and just 30 minutes away you have Texas State University. Those combined have over 90,000 students which means very well educated, cost efficient talent for your business.
- Location – Austin is centrally located and only 2.5 hours to Houston, 3.5 hours to Dallas, and 1.5 hours to San Antonio which puts you right smack dab in the middle making it easy to do business from city to city.
- Cost of Doing Business – Texas does not have a corporate income tax or individual income tax which means more money in your pocket. As Austin grows it is becoming more expensive to live and work, however not near as expensive as other states such as California or New York. There have been many businesses relocate their headquarters here or open a satellite office to take advantage of our talent pool and lower cost of doing business.
- Gain Access to Intellectual Resources – Austin has become a startup hub and incubator. There are tons of networking opportunities and local entrepreneurs are eager to lend a helping hand
- Expand Your Brand – Opening a satellite office in Austin is a great way to expand your brand, products, and services.
- Weather – It can get hot here sometimes however overall Austin has great weather. Average of 62 in the winter and 90's in the summer.
- International Hub – Austin still has a ways to go however it is becoming an international destination. We are getting more international investment money and more international business is being conducted here. Because of that there has been an increase of nonstop flights out of Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (ABIA). Additionally events such as Austin City Limits, South by Southwest (SXSW), Circuit of the Americas, and others continue to attract new international visitors and business professionals.
- Fast Growing City – Austin, Tx continues to be one of the fastest growing cities in the United States
- Low Unemployment Rate – The unemployment rate continues to decrease and remains below the National average.
- Job Growth – is projected to continue increasing at a rate of over 40% over the next 10 years. One of the best cities to find a job and start a career
- Low cost of living – Compared to other tech cities Austin's cost of living is lower
- Median Home Price – Currently averaging over $300,000
- No state income tax – enough said
- World Class Education – Whether you want to be an accountant, engineer, attorney, or doctor The University of Texas ranks among the best value colleges. Austin areas high schools rank in the top 500 in the nation.
If you plan on opening a satellite office in Austin or are thinking about relocating your entire company and you would like help with your Austin office space rental search give us a call. Whether you need a small or large space or short or long term lease we will find the space that makes sense for your current and future business needs.