According to Angelos Angelou, Founder and Principal Executive Officer of AngelouEconomics, the future of the Austin economy is looking bright for 2013 and 2014! On December 11th, 2012 he delivered his annual economic forecast for Austin and below are some of the highlights:
- In 2012 65,000 people moved to Austin, 26,000 jobs were added, and 1,100 new businesses which increases the number of businesses in the Austin metro area to 44,000
- Austin's economy will add 29,000 jobs in 2013 and over 30,000 in 2014
- Unemployment will drop to 5.2 percent
- Austin will gain over 130,000 residents over the next two years
- Never in his years of economic development career has he experienced growth like this
To read the complete report you can download the 2013 Austin economic forecast presentation here.
You can also read more about Austin economic predictions for 2013 here.