Bastrop, Tx is a small but quickly growing city about 30 miles Southeast of Austin, Tx and is part of the Greater Austin Metropolitan area. It’s known nationally for the devastating wildfires that occurred in 2011 when some trees fell on power lines, however it is recovering nicely. What most people don’t know is that there are a lot of cool things to see and do in Bastrop. While I may be a little biased below are a few of my top things to do in Bastrop Tx
- Bastrop State Park – Established in 1938 this 5,926 acre park includes an 8.5 mile trail loop, swimming pool, and an 18 hole golf course. Your family can camp, ride bikes, picnic, fish, geocache.
- Dinosaur Park – This is an outdoor museum where your kids can see life sized dinosaur exhibits to show how they actually looked. From Velociraptors, Stegoceras, to Tyrannosaurus Rex, this park has them all. You get to walk through the trails and see dinosaurs in their natural environments.
- Zip Lost Pines – They have six zip lines that take you from platform to platform through the Lost Pines. This is located about 28 miles from downtown Austin.
- Main Street Historic District – Like to shop, eat, and entertainment. Check out the historic downtown area.
- Fisherman’s Park – This sits along the Colorado River and has nature trails, fishing docks, boats and canoes.
- Colorado River Winery – Located in the historic district of Bastrop they have a Tuscan style tasting room where you can sip wines created by them.
- Texas Reptile Zoo – Want to learn about reptiles from around the world? This is located in Bastrop County and is an exhibit, behavioral research, and educational facility.
- Lake Bastrop – 906 acre lake with a maximum depth of 60 feet. Great lake for catching largemouth bass, catfish, and sunfish. You can also camp here
You can also learn about leasing or buying commercial real estate in Bastrop here.